WHMIS for Saskatchewan workers is an online course developed for WorkSafe Saskatchewan by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS). This $10 course covers:
- WHMIS introduction and regulations
- WHMIS roles and responsibilities
- WHMIS classes and symbols
- Safe use and handling of controlled products
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
This course is for anyone who works with or could be exposed to hazardous materials at work.
What are employers required to do?
After completing the online course, you must get workplace-specific training on the chemicals and materials you work with or could be exposed to. Your employer is responsible for arranging this portion of your training.
To learn more about workplace WHMIS training, read WHMIS worker training requirements.
Note: Online registration for this course is handled by CCOHS.