Rights & Responsibilities
Know Your Rights
While on the job, your basic rights include:
- The right to know the hazards and what to do to prevent injuries from those hazards.
- The right to participate in health and safety activities in your workplace.
- The right to refuse work that you believe to be unusually dangerous to yourself or others.
Know Your Responsibilities
If you are a young worker aged 14 or 15, you must successfully complete the online Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course and provide a copy of your certificate to your employer.
Whatever your age, your responsibilities while on the job include:
- The responsibility to work safely. Use the machinery and equipment in the way you were trained.
- The responsibility to report unsafe activities and conditions to your supervisor. Ask questions if you are unsure how to do something safely.
- The responsibility to properly use or wear protective equipment. Never remove a guard or device that’s there to protect you.
Remember to always wear safety gear. It’s the law!