Supervision & Safety Workshop
Under Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety legislation ‘supervisor’ means a person who is authorized by an employer to oversee or direct the work of the employer’s worker. The Supervision & Safety Workshop introduces supervisors to their legal responsibilities for occupational health and safety at the workplace. By the end of this one day course, supervisors will know:
- How to locate relevant information in Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety legislation to address occupational health and safety (OHS) issues in their workplace
- The duties and roles of everyone within the OHS Workplace Responsibility System
- Their duties and required competencies under Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- The role of the supervisor within workplace OHS management systems
- Specific duties of a supervisor within workplace OHS management systems such as:
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and hazard control
- Workplace inspections
- Incident Investigations
- Refusals to work
- Worker training and orientation
There is no pre-requisite for attending this course.
To register for a course, please select a desired date from the calendar below.
For help using our online registration system, EventBrite, please read the FAQs.
We have a calendar of September 2019 to December 2019 for reference.