Supervision and Safety workshop
Under Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety legislation ‘supervisor’ means a person who is authorized by an employer to oversee or direct the work of the employer’s worker. The Supervision & Safety workshop introduces supervisors to their legal responsibilities for occupational health and safety at the workplace.
By the end of this one-day course, supervisors will know:
- How to locate relevant information in Saskatchewan OHS legislation to address OHS issues in their workplace.
- The duties and roles of everyone within the OHS workplace responsibility system.
- Their duties and required competencies under Saskatchewan OHS legislation.
- The role of the supervisor within the workplace OHS management systems.
- The specific duties of a supervisor within the workplace OHS management systems, such as
- hazard identification, risk assessment and hazard control
- workplace inspections
- incident Investigations
- refusals to work
- worker training and orientation
There is no pre-requisite for this course.
To register for a course, please select a desired date from the calendar below.
For help using our online registration system, EventBrite, please read the FAQs.