How are MSIs treated?
Anyone experiencing MSI symptoms lasting more than a few days should see a health care provider immediately! It is important to describe to them the type of physical tasks associated with your job. The earlier treatment begins, the better the chances of a successful recovery.
Treatment of MSIs may include:
- reducing activities that cause or aggravate symptoms
- restricting certain movements
- applying heat and/or cold
- physical therapy/massage/exercise
- medication and or surgery (last resort)